Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Newsflash: the press

is dysfunctional.

On the Ike front, I am tired, sore, and scratched up. My neighbor, Mike, rocks. He helped me move my fence out to the curb for pick up. Dez went to work today. I may go tomorrow, but HCC is being stingy with info. Even if my campus has power, most of my students don't. They need computers to write essays (and electricity, water and food, to care about writing essays). My online classes are supposed to start this coming week. That should be interesting. The server is currently down. BTW, if you've sent me email, I can't get it right now. The server is down.

Meanwhile, the kids in the neighborhood are living it up. They love being out of school. Dez took a bunch of water guns and an elmo sprinkler out in the culdesac yesterday. Pandemonium. Kids ring our doorbell all day asking if Birgitta's (my mother-in-law) dog, Bella, can come outside. They walked her around for hours at a time. Today is tree-chopping day for me. I was able to stand up a few of them.

No comments: